My guest is Diego Gutiérrez Zaldívar one of the first people to foster and develop Bitcoin and blockchain technology in Latin America starting 2012. He is the CEO of IOV Labs, co-founder of LaBitconf, the first Bitcoin conference in Latin America and the co-founder of Bitcoin Iberoamérica an NGO devoted to Bitcoin education. His goal is to build a more decentralized world for a freer and fairer financial future. Rootstock, a sidechain of Bitcoin that enables smart contracts, is one of these building blocks.
– Introduction Diego Gutiérrez Zaldívar
– Why Bitcoin is needed in Latin America
– Uses cases in different regions
– El Salvador legal tender law
– Rootstock, goals, projects and future
– Bitcoin DeFi, NFTs
– LaBitconf in November 2021 in El Salvador